Calgary Business Consultants
Whether you are a small or large Calgary-based business, our team of business consultants are here for you. We focus on seven core areas of business (listed below), and after a free consultation, you will know if we are the business consultants you need for your business challenge. If you are looking for a special solution to a business problem then we are only a phone call away. Our initial consultation includes a preliminary interview, scope of work, proposed budget options, and timeline. It is time for you to plan, execute, and profit. Don’t forget to ask for our Calgary Business Consulting references from our past and current clients.
- Technology Solutions (I.T., software development, process or workflow automation)
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Planning and Business Plans
- Operations Management
- General Management
- Human Resources
- Accounting Systems
If your needs as a Calgary business owner or manager falls within the above list then we can definitely help you.
Borger Group of Companies
We have never had a better IT management team. Also, as custom application developers, Matterhorn Business Solutions has automated employee tasks in ways we didn’t think possible. Our relationship started with David Howse in 2011 using his incredible marketing and PR skills and when David and tech guru Rick Salmon joined forces, their new Matterhorn company became a game changer for us in the construction industry.
Meet Our Business Consulting Team
David Howse: Marketing
Rick Salmon: Technology
Glenn Osgood, CPA, CA: Finance and Accounting
Alicia Bolton: Human Resources and Payroll
David started his marketing career in 1993 working for Vancouver-based market and marketing research firm MarkTrend Research. In the past 25 years, David:
- Attained a Diploma in Marketing from the College of the North Atlantic
- Attained a Bachelor of Management degree from the University of Lethbridge
- Worked with film crews on 12 film and television productions in Vancouver and Los Angeles (ShowTime, CBS, CTV, to name a few.)
- Increased revenues and enhanced brand images for over 100 businesses
- In October of 2013 David managed public relations, photography, videography, and art gallery setup for the Oil Ministry of Kazakhstan’s World Petroleum Congress bid
- From 2013 to 2015 David single–handedly managed Century Downs Racetrack and Casino PR (from the ground breaking ceremony to the first race)
- Formed David Howse Marketing Ltd. in 2008 which merged with Rick Salmon’s SalmonDev Studios in 2015
- From 2015 to present, teaches social media marketing at Mount Royal University
Rick’s career in I.T. and Software Development started in 2005 while earning a Bachelor of Management in Information Systems. In 2008 Rick applied his tech skills for Enbridge where, by 2015, his final position was Senior Systems Analyst overseeing the needs of 12,000 employees. In 2015 he merged his consulting company with David Howse Marketing to form Matterhorn Business Solutions Inc.
Rick and David began working together in 2008 as David’s clientele had many different technology related needs. In 2015, Rick rebuilt the I.T. department for one of Alberta’s largest construction companies, Borger Group of Companies. Matterhorn’s technology team manages all aspects of Borger’s technology needs.
Rick is considered one of Calgary’s leaders in process/workflow automation, data integration, and web-based application development.
Glenn is a finance professional with over 30 years experience across a wide range of accounting and financial areas. He has 25+ years experience in a variety of financial roles with a large publicly traded company headquartered in Calgary and 5+ years audit and management consulting experience with a public accounting firm also in Calgary. Glenn’s international experience covers
the Pacific NW in the United States, Mexico and South America.
His skill and demonstrated ability to deal in all matters financial includes:
- financial accounting and reporting
- capital accounting and reporting
- financial processes and controls
- financial planning and analysis
- budgets and forecasts
- corporate finance
- treasury and cash management.
- Practical experience with ERP systems, particularly SAP.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta (formerly the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta), Chartered Accountant, Alberta
- The University of Calgary, Bachelor of Commerce, Majors in Finance and Accounting
- The Canadian Securities Institute, Canadian Securities Course
With a Human Resources Management and Certified Payroll Manager designation from Mount Royal University, Alicia has rebuilt the HR and Payroll departments for several of the largest, most progressive, and fastest growing companies in the country. She has experience working in challenging industries such as Law, Pharmaceuticals, Oil & Gas, Transportation, and Construction.
Through a mutual client, Alicia, David Howse, and Rick Salmon collaborated on several I.T. HR. Marketing integrations which became the inspiration to form this consulting team.
Alicia also has over 12 years of volunteering experience including 3 years sitting on the board at the Human Resources Association of Calgary and 8 years being a registered SME with the Canadian Payroll Association which includes member mentorship and annual reviews of the curriculum for the PCP and CPM designation.
Let Us Help You
Calgary Business Consultants
What is our unique advantage over the global consulting firms that operate in Calgary? When you hire Matterhorn Business Solutions you get A-level consultants who charge small firm fees as opposed to B-level consultants who charge large firm fees.
Our Business Consulting Work
We have worked with many different companies in Calgary. From one person trying to get off the ground (who is now an ATCO Approved Bidder enjoying ongoing contracts) to large construction companies with over 400 employees (who wanted I.T., human resources, accounting, operations, and administration better integrated). We’ve handled contracts from $1000 to over $100,000. For us, it’s not about the contract size or even the scope, it’s all about how much we can help you succeed.
Call us at (403) 991-8863 and let’s talk.
Here are some links to learn more about business consultants:
Consultant’s at the Oscars (it’s not all rainbows and lollipops)
Matterhorn Business Solutions Inc. is a Calgary business consulting firm. If you are looking for Calgary Business Consultants then we can help. Calgary business consulting with experience in Technology Solutions, I.T., software development, marketing, business plans, strategic planning, and more.