Matterhorn Business Solutions Inc. has the following opening:
Marketing Assistant (part-time):
We are looking for a passionate marketer/writer/creative for our Calgary office with 1-3 years experience in the following:
- Creative Writing
- Ability to write to different audiences on a broad range of topics.
- You are an avid reader and writer and can research and write good blog/web/media articles in a couple of hours and great articles in a day.
- This is probably the most important attribute we are looking for.
- Graphic Design (website and print)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Website Design (WordPress)
- php not necessary
- ability to work with themes and customize them
- Social Media Marketing
- Knowledge of ALL major social platforms
- Hootsuite – experience with bulk upload of .csv files
- Facebook and Twitter Advertising
- Content Strategies and Creation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Analytics
- Various SEO strategies
- Public Relations
- Press Release Writing
- Media Management
- Business Writing
- Professional writing
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Microsoft Office
- Video Production
- Adobe Premiere
- Story Boarding
- Stock Video, SFX, and Photos
- Setting up and managing a new or current client meeting (we don’t cold-call, potential clients call us)
- Marketing, creative, or related diploma or degree helpful but not necessary.
It is not necessary to have all of the above skills but the more of the above you have the better.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes all things marketing, is a team player, is passionate about making the client happy, is always on-time and shows up ready to work, has a professional appearance, is dedicated to life-long-learning, has amazing communication and time management skills, and has some great references. Preferably your goal is to start with a great company, do great things and grow with that company.
The current position is part-time (10-20 hours per week) but could grow to full-time with the right candidate. Full-time employees receive health benefits and participate is a bonus program.
The opening is for immediate employment so please be ready to start tomorrow and not have any vacation plans in July, 2018.
You’ve researched our clients by reviewing this website, DavidHowseMarketing.com and MatterhornPR.ca and are ready to start today.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to David Howse at email@example.com
Please be sure to comment on each of the above creative/marketing areas in your cover letter. Don’t let the list intimidate you, the person we hire might only be great at two or three items in the list but is willing to learn the rest. If you’ve never worked on items in the list just write, “this would be new for me.”
Only those called for an interview will be contacted.